Turn Belbin theory into practical business outcomes
Four years ago we developed a one-day session that would help HR, L&D and managers turn the Belbin theory in to action. Turn it from a "I've done that" to a "I use that."
We now have a session that will give you all the theory you need, alongside the practical stuff - exercises and ideas on how to use the language of Belbin in a practical way, everyday, in the workplace.
What the Session Covers:
We start off with some theory, but not too much. It's important that you understand that there is research behind the theory, but we won't go in to depth (for depth, the Accreditation Course is for you). After going through the 9 Team Roles, and giving you practical ideas on how you can present them to a team, we will spend time going through the Belbin Reports, so that you know what they are saying, and how to use each page.
Then we look at using Belbin with teams - plenty of time is spent on exercises so that you could happily run a team session the very next day! The focus then switches to relationships within the team, and how to maximise these strengths, whilst understanding the potential conflicts. One exercise looks at how a manager can get the most out of the individuals in their team. We end the day looking at how to use Belbin with project teams - using exercises that you can re-use.
Throughout the session we give you insights of how other companies, world-wide, have used Belbin - giving you ideas of how you can replicate their successes.
It's a full day to say the least! All the exercises are available for you to download from a password protected area of the website after the session, and all the slides used are there for you too.
Who should attend?
Anyone who is looking for a workplace tool that will enable them to understand the strengths and weaknesses of individuals and teams! It could be that you have used Belbin before, but are self-taught and want to know more, including how to turn the Belbin theory into practical outcomes.
The session is also great for those of you who would like to go away armed with session ideas and a good understanding of the Belbin Reports and application, and who may be looking at ways to enhance the way they manage people/help people to manage.
In summary, by the end of the session you will:
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of each of the Belbin Team Roles;
- Have gained practical knowledge of how to use the Belbin Reports to bring about business improvements;
- Understand how to use Belbin to enhance both individual and team performance;
- Be able to replicate exercises and feel confident running your own Belbin session.
And you will also leave with:
- A resource pack (including slides and handouts) - to help you implement your learning when back at work;
- Your own full Belbin Report (to be completed prior to the event);
- A 10% discount card to use for future Belbin purchases - valid for 3 months;
- Exercises that can be replicated back in the workplace;
- A certificate of attendance;
London: The British Academy | 10-11 Carlton House Terrace | London | SW1Y 5AH
- Thursday 14th September 2017 - 1 space remaining.
- Wednesday 6th December 2017
£395 + VAT per person - Early bird rate.
Second booking made from the same organisation: £295 + VAT per person
Come and join us for our next one-day 'How to...' Session. Start using Belbin.