Before joining CERT in 1986, Barrie Watson was chairman of a major marketing group and director of two retail organisations. He describes himself as a practical, "hands-on" businessman with a passion for unleashing the potential of people.
Barrie's vast experience, his enthusiastic presentation style and his emphasis on "practical applications" of new practices and techniques make him a much sought-after speaker at management seminars and conferences around the world.
Away from his work and business activities, Barrie is a cricket fan and keen sailor who races at a national and international level.
Areas of specialisation:
- Human resource management strategy
- Executive, management and project team building
- Executive and senior management performance coaching
- Individual and team selection and development
- Training and consultancy relating to the application of the Belbin methodology
Recent clients include:
- ABB (Finland, Italy, Germany, Sweden, US)
- Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (UAE)
- Altaya (Spain)
- Bonas Machine Company
- Bosch Rexroth (US)
- Connecticut Universty (US)
- CYESA (Mexico)
- DHL (Hong Kong, UK)
- Dow Corning
- Duke University (US)
- Ernst & Young (The Netherlands)
- Eli Lilly (UK & US)
- Fidelity Investments
- TATA (India)
- J P Morgan
- GlaxoSmithKline (UK, Middle East)
- Mitsubishi (UK & Europe)
- Pizza Hut (US)
- PriceWaterhouseCoopers (The Netherlands)
- Roshan Telecom (Afghanistan)
- SES Astra (Africa, Luxemburg, UK, US)
- 7i (South Africa)
- Sandvic (Global)
- Selectio (Croatia)
- Shell (Global)
- UDV Leven
- United Nations (Switzerland)
- Wegener (Belgium, Netherlands, UK)
- World Bank (Global)
- Author of the "Team Facilitator Toolkit" and co-author, with Dr Meredith Belbin, of the “WorkSet Facilitator Toolkit”.
- Joint consultant for the BBC's highly successful customer service revolution video "The Tom Peters Experience" and the widely used quality assurance video "Crosby on Quality".
- In collaboration with Dr Meredith Belbin, developed the Work Role model to improve delegation and work assignment practices. This methodology complements the work already done in helping numerous organisations improve individual and team performance by using the Belbin Interplace HR management and team building system.
- Barrie is also a director of CERT Team Development (India) Pvt Ltd and Watson Management Services and a member of Belbin Associates.
For any queries, comments or information on the Belbin 2008 conference, please contact Jo Keeler. Call +44(0)1223 264975 or email email@example.com