I did not realise the [Accreditation Course] would be so in-depth - made me want to go and use it straight away. Explained brilliantly, made interactive with the knowledge to back it up. Excellent course, excellent trainer. Thank you.
HR Manager, A PCT
The two-day accreditation course is ideal for professionals who will be using Belbin Team Roles with individuals and teams or who will be teaching the model.
The course covers 4 main areas:
- The theory, including the original work carried out by Dr. Meredith Belbin and his team at Henley Management College.
- The Nine Belbin Team Roles. The strengths and allowable/non-allowable weaknesses of each Team Role are explored in detail, along with combinations of Team Roles (after all, we rarely have a preference for just one type of behaviour).
- The practical use of Belbin Team Roles. This includes analysis of the reports, and ways in which you can use them in numerous situations, including team building, coaching or conflict management.
- The full scope of using Belbin Team Roles. This explores the benefits of 360°feedback, team dynamics and job analysis.
WHY become accredited?
Although not mandatory, we strongly recommend this course to anyone who wants to use Belbin Team Roles for training or consultancy. Why?
- You will discover the real Belbin - it's more than just nine Team Roles, and it is definitely NOT about putting labels on people.
- You will begin to use and understand the Belbin language that has helped individuals and teams to communicate and work together with greater understanding for over 30 years.
- Our trainers will share practical ideas on how to use the Belbin Team Role reports, enabling you to plan workshops, training courses and coaching sessions.
- You will be able to field questions from the more demanding course delegate with confidence.
- You will have full back-up from the Belbin office, so before giving feedback or running a course/workshop, you can get our comments and suggestions.
- You will have access to the 'Accredited practitioners only' section of our website which contains presentations/exercises/handouts and other resources for you to use when using Belbin.
Download and read how an L&D Consultant used her Belbin Team Role Accreditation to successfully gain the confidence of a sceptical Marketing Manager: The Benefits of Becoming Belbin Team Role Accredited.
There is a test at the end of the course to ensure that you have a good understanding of Team Roles and the ability to interpret the reports correctly. It is a written test and takes about 40 minutes to complete.
On successful completion of the test you will:
Be able to use the Accreditation Logo to promote yourself or your organisation as officially Belbin Accredited (subject to T&Cs).
Have a certificate signed by Dr. Meredith Belbin to place proudly on your wall!
We offer a range of options, depending on your circumstances. Prices for the Belbin Team Role Accreditation start at just £600 per person. Contact us so that we can work out the best price for you!
How to BOOK
For further information regarding costs and availability, please contact Jill Cooper on +44 (0) 1223 264975, or email using the form below.