A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer, mobile phone or other device by a website that you visit. Your web browser will access the cookie file as you navigate or when you return to the website that created it.
The information in the cookie is typically used to:
- provide interactive and personalised features such as polls, surveys and links to social networking site
- help the site owner to gather anonymous website statistics
- improve accessibility and usability by allowing you to change contrast and font size when you navigate through the site without having to do it on every page site registration
- keep track of your shopping basket on an e-commerce website
- provide ease of login to your account if the site uses registration
The cookie is only useful in the context of the website that created it. It cannot be used by other websites. Websites that set cookies do not have access to other information on your computer – they can only access the cookie(s) they create.
Cookies used on www.belbin.com
We use custom cookies on belbin.com for the following:
- Polls - Sometimes we may have polls on our website. If you decide to vote in a poll, then this cookie is used to remember which polls you have voted in and in some cases, to show you poll results.
Third party cookies
We use Google Analytics on our website to collect information about how our visitors use our site. These cookies do not store personal information about you, but are used to anonymously track the number of visitors, where they come from and the pages they visit on this website. This information helps us to improve the online service we provide.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit:
To improve user experience, we allow you to share pages of our website via social networking sites, such as Facebook. We may also display content from other websites, such as YouTube or Google maps, on our web pages. Please note that you may be sent cookies from these other websites. We do not control these cookies and advise you to check the relevant third-party privacy policies to find out more about the cookies they use and how to manage them.
- Google: http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/policies/privacy/
- YouTube: http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/policies/privacy/
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/policy.php
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/privacy
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/static?key=privacy_policy
- Addthis: http://www.addthis.com/privacy#.T47RdNlCQwQ
How can I manage cookies?
Our cookies do not store information that could be used to identify you personally. As outlined above, they simply help us to improve your experience of our website.
Most browsers allow you to view the cookies that websites have placed on your computer. If you choose to do so, most browsers will allow you to delete all or selected cookies or to block all cookies or block third party cookies only or block cookies from a given website - check the browser Help menu to learn more.
AllAboutCookies.org also provides information about cookies and useful advice on how to manage and delete cookies.
Please note, if you choose to restrict or block cookies on our website, this will affect the functionality we are able to offer you.