At Belbin, we believe that knowing yourself is the starting point
Belbin Team Role behaviours are a guide to your strengths, your preferred styles of working, your motivations and aspirations, and the areas where you tend to seek help from others. Understanding your Belbin Team Role strengths and weaknesses gives you insights into why you prefer some kinds of work to others, and enables you to manage expectations (your own and others’).
Identified after years of research, the language of Belbin Team Roles is used by organisations worldwide. It is used to help managers understand their behavioural strengths and weaknesses, and how to use them in the workplace. Simply put, understanding your Belbin Team Roles can help you manage yourself, and others, more effectively.
In a nutshell
If we find out our Belbin behavioural strengths and weaknesses, our Belbin Team Roles fingerprint, we can use this information to help us:
- Understand how to make our best contribution at work
- Learn how to how to strengthen our strengths and become more effective at work
- Identify where are weaknesses are and manage them, or better still, find someone who to work with who complements us!
- Promote and project our strengths when applying for new roles, whether internal or external
It all starts with your Belbin Individual Report
A Belbin Individual Report will identify which combination of the nine Belbin Team Roles you exhibit, and gives you advice on how to use your Team Role strengths in the workplace. A Belbin Individual Report costs just £42 inc VAT.
Completed online, the Belbin Individual Reports are easy to set up and generate:
- Fill in an on-line questionnaire (called the Belbin Self-Perception Inventory) - it takes around 20 minutes to complete.
- Within minutes, you’ll receive your Belbin Individual Report, showing you which combination of the nine Team Role behaviours you prefer based on your own view.
- Your Report will contain personalised guidance and advice.
- To make your Belbin Individual Report eport even more complete, you should ask six other people to share their observations of you via a quick five-minute online questionnaire. (We call these Observer Assessments, and they're free when you purchase your Belbin Individual Report.)
- Once you have received at least four Observer Assessments, we will upgrade your Belbin Individual Report, free of charge, to a full Belbin Individual Report which will show how others view you, compared to how you see yourself.
See a Sample Report
Sample of an Individual Report containing both the Self Perception and the Observer feedback to give the full 360 perspective
To find out more about the theory of Belbin, or a more indepth look at what the Belbin Individual Report will give you, take a look at a couple of our recent Webinar recordings: