Do you dive straight in and decide what it'll look like as you carve or have you been planning the design and getting together stencils and tips for weeks?
Have a look at how the Team Roles might go about carving their pumpkins...
- Resource Investigator – Goes on Pinterest, finds the best carving and copies it. Starts to lose interest when getting stuck into removing the ‘guts’ of the pumpkin but once it’s finished is first to post pictures to Facebook, Twitter and Snapchat.
- Implementer – Makes sure they've bought their (and everyone else’s) pumpkin weeks ago and carves the same design they used for the last 5 years (using stencils).
- Completer Finisher – Has spent so long perfecting their design that by the 3rd of November, it’s still not finished and the pumpkin is going mouldy!
- Plant – Wants to carve a 3 tier pumpkin extravaganza but hasn’t realised they’ve only got one pumpkin! Has however thought of a use for all the bits of the pumpkin including the seeds and skin.
- Co-ordinator – Identifies the design they would like and delegates the task of carving to someone else.
- Teamworker – Checks everyone else has everything they need and insists that everyone else’s pumpkin deserves to win over their own.
- Specialist – Researches the best method and tools to get the best carving and is the go-to carver for hints and tips (though perhaps hasn’t come up with an idea for what they’re actually going to carve themselves).
- Shaper – Manages to get their pumpkin carved at the last minute as well as making sure everyone else's pumpkins were finished too.
- Monitor Evaluator – Spends ages thinking about what to carve and then carves a simple frown/grimace.
Have a happy Halloween, from the Belbin Team!